Have you been noticing signs of trouble with your transmission? Not sure?
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS THAT YOUR TRANSMISSION IS READY TO FAIL?
There are several signs that your transmission may be heading for trouble. Some things to watch for are:
- Slipping – the transmission slips between gears when you are driving on the road or it slides back into neutral.
- Noises such as grinding, clunking or humming especially when in neutral.
- The transmission fluid smells burned.
- The clutch will not disengage for a smooth shift instead there is a knocking or crunching.
- When you are seeing higher RPM for a gear shift or given speed or you feel a lag or delay when shifting gears. An example of this is your driving 55 mph in over drive but you notice that you are having higher RPM than normal or it feels like it dropped out of over drive and is instead in drive when it should be in over drive; this would also fit slipping as an example.
- Leaking or low fluid consistently. If you are consistently seeing low fluid even after you have topped it off then you need to be looking for a leak and if there is no leak then where is the fluid going. This is not easy to always find unless it is a major leak.
- Engine light; this should be checked by a technician as soon as possible after it comes on to diagnose what the issue truly is.
WHEN SHOULD YOU TAKE YOUR TRANSMISSION TO A PROFESSIONAL?
As soon as you notice any kind of problem you should go to a professional such as Transmission Repair Roseville, CA.
You should also make sure to take your regular transmission maintenance to a professional. To maintain your transmission properly by having it flushed every 50,000 to 150,000 miles.